Convert miles to kilometresHow many kilometers in a mile 1 mile is equal to 1.609344 kilometres, which is the conversion factor from miles to kilometres.
Go ahead and convert your own value of miles to km in the converter below.
is equal to
If you wish you can reverse the conversion by using the converter for kilometers to miles
For other conversions in length, use the length conversion tool.
Facts about mile (mi)
A mile is a unit of length, usually used to measure distance, in a number of different systems, including Imperial units, United States customary units and Norwegian/Swedish mil. Its size can vary from system to system, but in each is between 1 and 10 kilometers. See all conversions for miles here.
Facts about kilometre (km)
A kilometre (US spelling: kilometer; symbol: km) is a unit of length that is equal to 1,000 metres, the current International System of Units (SI) base unit of length. The kilometre is part of the metric system. A corresponding unit of area is the square kilometre and a corresponding unit of volume is the cubic kilometre. See all conversions for kilometres here.
General information about miles to km
|SI standard unit for length:||Metre (m)|
|Related categories:||Area, Volume, Paper size, TV & monitor size, Angle|
Other conversion pairs in length
- Convert centimeters to inches
- Convert centimeters to feet
- Convert centimeters to meters
- Convert centimeters to millimeters
- Convert feet to centimeters
- Convert feet to inches
- Convert feet to meters
- Convert feet to miles
- Convert feet to yards
- Convert inches to cm
- Convert inches to feet
- Convert inches to millimeters
- Convert kilometres to meters
- Convert kilometers to miles
- Convert meters to centimeters
- Convert meters to kilometres
- Convert meters to millimeters
- Convert meters to feet
- Convert meters to miles
- Convert miles to feet
- Convert miles to meters
- Convert millimeters to centimeters
- Convert millimeters to inches
- Convert millimeters to meters
- Convert yards to feet