Kinematic viscosity

Kinematic viscosity (Greek symbol: ν) has SI units (m2·s−1). The cgs physical unit for kinematic viscosity is the stokes (abbreviated S or St), named after George Gabriel Stokes. It is sometimes expressed in terms of centistokes (cS or cSt). In U.S. usage, stoke is sometimes used as the singular form.

Type the number of Square inch per second you want to convert in the text box, to see the results in the table.

Switch conversion Convert

is equal to